Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You might remember me as someone who used to write updates about Cambodia

Ummm....so it's been a while to say the least. I'm pretty sure there is a direct correlation between blogging and levels of happiness.
( I will let you connect the dots on that one. ) All that so say, we are here in Kampot. It's the middle of hot season. Steve is back in Australia until mid-June. And I think a few photos might be a good way of getting back into the blogging zone.



Khmer New Year, April 2011. Every home has a shrine to celebrate. Check out our very proud landlady. The centerpiece being a Berri's apple juice of course.

Our friend and helper Any decided last minute to have a New Year's celebration at her house with a monk blessing the family and praying over her ancestors.

Young and Old in our village.

Our current addiction is sugar cane juice. So refreshing. We've been drinking it with a sliver of lime. However, this week in a moment of inspiration I asked the lady to add some ginger that I happened to have on hand. And holy hell!! Talk about the perfect drink!!

We woke to the sound of music blaring. Another funeral. As I was going in the tuk tuk I happened to pass the family preparing for the funeral. And look what i found!! Possibly the funkiest coffin ever. Made from my favorite tree. (banana). It looks so incredibly gorgeous...and as Levi pointed out...it's biodegradable.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You know I was just thinking we hadn't heard from u in ever so long and should I send an email to "hurry" u up??? lol

    hope all is well with you and family even tho Steve is in Oz.

    wow I love that coffin!! wonder if I can get one of those here??? wonder what people would think hahaha hmmm wont fit in a traditional hearse either Ba Ha ha

    hope to see you in print again soon!
    hugz xoxox

    ReplyDelete